Oct 14, 2007

My week in Trinidad and Tobago








Monday
A rest day. I slept in...yay! I read on the beach and I hung out and watched some tv, ate some grilled chicken with Megan and just basically did nothing....

Tuesday
I headed to Maracus Beach with Ryan and his son Alec. We later headed to an interview with Synergy TV along with two other competitiors and we got interviewed about the race. Ryan's friend Jason took me to a concert of a local Indian band. Pantra Music....All in all a fabulous day where I got to experience different things.

Wednesday
So originally I was suppose to head to Tobago with Ryan and others on Tuesday but lots of things happened that didn't allow this to happen. I was a little disappointed at first but everything turned out all right. Ryan organized a flight for me and his friends Mark met me in Tobago. I went on a glass bottom boat tour where we got to snorkel and swim with the fishes. It was fabulous, I just chatted this the guys running the boat...they were cool. Later that evening Mark and I and some of his friends headed to some bars, drank rhum and cokes and played pool....good fun.

Thursday
before Mark picked me up I ended up going for a walk to Pigeon Point in the morning, it was odd weather as it was sunny and then rained pretty good on me and then the sun came out again. I went swimming in the pool and ocean and then decided I wanted to go for a quick run.
Mark picked me up and we headed to get out ferry tickets for the return trip home....Scarborough is a bustling little town on Tobago...lots of traffic and people..I was glad to get out of there and head to mark's friend house and later back to the beach...Unfortunately the weather wasn't super sunny this day but I played in the warm ocean one last time.....
We were on the ferry with michael and another guy..it was fun, we drank Stag and played cards....Unfortunately it was raining for most of the ride over to Trinidad so we couldn't really hang out outside....
Once I returned to Trinidad Megan and her friend took me out to a few bars....we drank wine and rhum and met some locals.....it was a great last night.

Friday
i awoke early early morning to catch my plane back home....it was a long flight and bus ride home to CAN but I made it with all of my luggage.

Trinidad was great but there really is no place like home....
Its good to be back and I am looking forward to seeing everyone again.

2 comments:

Jaya said...

Lina, your pictures are fantastic! I stumbled upon your blog and want to wish you some major congratulations on your many, many achievements in the past years (in sport and school). I'm always inspired by your athleticism and love for the outdoors. I'll be eagerly following along as you turn more "wishes" in to "wills."
Tata!

Dr Purva Pius said...

Hello Everybody, My name is.Mrs.Juliet Quin. I live in Canada and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $ 73,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $ 73,000.00 Canada Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs.Juliet Quin that refer you to him. Contact Dr Purva Pius via email: reply to email (urgentloan22@gmail.com)