May 11, 2009

Certified Kayak Guide

I spent the last 10 days on the beautiful west coast of Vancouver Island on a kayak guiding course with SKILS. It was a wet ten days but that didn't stop me from having the time of my life. I got to know 10 amazing and inspiring kayakers and developed a soft spot for the west coast of the island. We spent 4 days around Ucluelet learning about weather, tides and currents, navigation etc and then 5 days out on the wild west coast waters. I learned how to kayak surf, make sushi on the beach and more about our first nations people, seaweed and intertidal pools (to name a few). I am stoked about the ocean and stay tuned for some more ocean kayaking adventures. The pacific northwest keeps blowing my mind.....umlimited terrain to discover and adventures to be had. 

live, love, laugh,...DREAM!
lina
check out some pics here 

No comments: