Nov 13, 2008

Wednesday Night Ride with Hazards Cycle Shop



Last night Daniel invited us along on his weekly night rides with the cycle shop. I wasn't sure what to expect going in... I'll admit I was a little nervous. We added on 2 hours by riding downtown to meet them and then riding back to Daniels at the end of the evening. We met at 6pm at the shop and right off the bat I knew it was going to be a unique experience. The guys were great as well as fast. We sprinted up the roads, up the hills, the guys foolin around with each other on the way to keep everyone on their toes. It was a cool experience to have absolutely no clue where we were going or for how long or how much vertical or type of descents we were about to embark on. We cruised up and up and up on road, single track and logging roads.... the moon was amazing bright and full and the air WARM.... It took me a little while to get the hang of the new terrain but after the first descent I felt like I had it....We got to experience riding up "The Wall" (steep, technical sprint of an uphill) and some amazing downhill... Following the ride and our little adventures back to near Daniel's place we stopped in for some veggie nachos and taquito (taco, burrito, quesadilla all in one) and a refreshing jug of beer! All in all an amazing evening! I feel so lucky...


Live, Love, Laugh,....DREAM!
lina

No comments: