Sep 21, 2008

The 62nd Birthday Party, rainy Sat and Whitewater discovery on Sunday...


Wow,

When the dream world mixes with reality something unique happens... Some of my favorite moments in life occur when I think I have planned something and something totally different takes place...

Friday night I had the pleasure of celebrating two of my lovely friends turning 31....hence the 62nd birthday party! We enjoyed a fabulous potluck dinner (the food was incredible... we need more potluck fun!)...some good chatter amongst incredible people and later found ourselves closing down the Roxy with all the other crazy downtown folks...Its been a serious while since I've 1: closed down a bar and 2. partied downtown... I'm not sure I enjoy the late night streets of downtown scene...lots of cops, lots of wild folk, dirty streets and baracades everywhere...hmmm.... thank god for the mountains!!!!! but dancing to live music with good friends was (as my irish friends would say) "deadly"....

Something I rarely rarely do is sleep-in on the weekend....there is just so much to do in this amazing area that it kills me to sleep when you could be running in the woods or ridin in the mountains etc etc....but Saturday morning, my first sleep-in in a long long while was just perfect,.. I won't go into details but I thoroughly took pleasure in chillin all day long

Chilliwack river:

I tend to hold the adrenaline buzz for awhile following a fantastic string of adventure....

I went whitewater kayaking for the first time today and it was sooo much fun! It was less initmidating than I envisioned and my ability to stay calm, react and think quickly sort of surprised me as well... I went with good friends Kala and Andrew (two fab kayakings)..... they did a fantastic job of making me feel safe and confident...



We kayaked down the CHilliwack River: a beautiful area, with a picturesque background of mountains... We hit up some class III rapids.... I fell in twice and got rescued successfully! Just what I needed: a new sport! ha..... Looking forward to some more paddling trips!

another weekend for the memory bank!

live, love, laugh,...DREAM!

lina

No comments: