Mar 25, 2013

The Maliko Downwind



Yesterday, the winds were good enough and more or less in the right direction so we had the opportunity to do a downwind run! My first Maliko run and I was so glad to be doing with Jeremy Riggs, coach extraordinaire. Another great guy and good paddler,  Randy Royse also joined us... so really a super fun group for my first go. The wind was light for a Maliko but it allowed me to learn and feel confident (I only fell in twice...).. haha... I was working on catching waves, stepping back and not letting the nose dive under (which it still did...learning), and reading the water so I could stay on the wave. I am still having a hard time controlling the board (I think I get too excited and then forget that I have to keep looking around), and reading the little bumps...but I can't be amazing right away right?!?  I think by the end of the run, I saw some v shaped waves, the ones I want to see in order to stay on the wave... It felt good to be in big waters, with those guys I didn't feel nervous at all which I was happy about because that was nothing compared to what I am getting myself into for Molokai!




Today, is my last day,... I am very sad to be leaving but hopefully will get one more run in before I head home... I have had such an amazing time on this little island of FUN! Thank you Jeremy Riggs, Randy, Tomoko, Milton, and all the wonderful people I have met and now call friends. I feel like the luckiest person. I can't wait to return in July, when the wind will be pumping, and it will be very much game on....

Thank you Jeremy Riggs!

Randy and I with our SIC boards


MAHALO

live, love, laugh,...DREAM!
lina

No comments: