Apr 24, 2009

Crossfit Vancouver

 About a week ago I did some more research about a particular type of training program known as Crossfit. I had heard of this method of training for some time but life events etc didn't quite match me up with it until now. 

It hurts, it is hard, it is technical, demanding, and it is FUN, ADDICTIVE and I am so pumped about it. I can't wait to learn more about it, the exercises, the workouts, the protocol, the people. I know I have what it takes I just need to find it in there somewhere where it is nicely stored away within my head, my muscles and my bones. It is a type of cross training that covers so many different aspects of fitness. As I progress through my sessions I am sure I will have thoughts, feelings and questions about it all. For now, it is refreshing, and I can already feel my brain switching powers from the long slow hurt to the quick fast type... I am learning how to push myself with speed and power again. It is going to take time and I look forward to results. 

For now I am off to the mountains for my second and most likely last ski tour of the season. We are going to battle the Neve Traverse. I better load up on the sunscreen as it is supposed to be sunny and beautiful!

live, love, laugh,...DREAM!
Lina


1 comment:

Chris said...

Been at this 2 weeks myself now. It is addictive and the hurt is so good.