Feb 8, 2011

Week Two at The Durrand Glacier


We are working hard up here at the Durrand Glacier School. We have added three more subjects to our days of school. We now have bio12, french11, english11, socials11, and physics11... phew... and of course PE (pretty important). I am learning lots, and it is all confirming that teaching is what I really like to do. It really is a great job for me. Also living in the mountains, surrounded by nature is cleansing, and refreshing. It is not perfect as I am missing my other half (which I think about all the time)...

On the weekend we got out with the guests and hit up a nice loop on the Durrand Glacier. We stopped by a natural ice cave (the mouth of the glacier). It is spectacular...  we plan to bring our ice skates on a ski tour to the ice cave and skate in the cave...



This morning we did a ski tour before school and it was a great way to start the day!


I love the mountains!

live, love, laugh,...DREAM!
lina

No comments: